Date of Last Revision: December 29, 2013.
YASM Mentoring Institute (“YMI”) is an initiative of Redeemed Christian Church of God, North America, a non-profit, Christian organization. YMI’s mission is to create and facilitate opportunities for young adults (mentees) to form accountable relationships with established and godly individuals (mentors) for the purpose of:
- Spiritual, personal, and career development that transforms young adults into leaders who
- Transcend geography, culture, career, and generations to have a positive influence in their spheres of influence.
- Registration Data; Account Security.
You agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information on any registration forms on the Website, including any mentor profile or mentee profile submitted by you (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to us, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account. You hereby authorize YMI to verify the information supplied in your YMI Application when and as YMI deems necessary and advisable, and to the extent permitted by applicable law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, YMI shall be under no obligation to verify the information supplied in your YMI Application and may rely on such information without taking any further action. You consent to receiving communications and notices from YMI at the email address you provide in your Registration Data or otherwise elect in your account settings.
- Non Commercial Use.
- Proprietary Rights in Website Content; Limited License.
“YMI”, the “YMI” logo and other YMI graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are our trademarks or trade dress in the U.S. and/or other countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission.
- User Content Posted on the Website.
- You understand and agree that YMI may (but is not obligated to) review and delete (without notice) any content, messages, or profiles provided by you (collectively, “User Content”) that in the sole judgment of YMI violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of others. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post on the Website or provide to us.
- By posting User Content to the Website, you hereby grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right, power and authority to grant to YMI an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, distribute, reformat, translate and excerpt such User Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content for any purpose, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. If a User contacts YMI to deactivate their account, their profile and mentoring requests will no longer be available on the Website. However, some information may remain on the Website after a User deactivates their profile, including, but not limited to, a history of messages, mentoring offers and matches associated with that User on the mentoring activity history of other Users.
- You agree to the following:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications to Users (such as spam).
- You will not collect Users’ information, or otherwise access the Website, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any User.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence, or that violates applicable law.
- You will not promote alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use the Website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Term of Use.
- You will not post anyone’s social security, driver’s license, credit card, debit card, or bank account numbers or other similar content on the Website.
- You will not use YMI if you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals.
- In order to protect Users from unauthorized advertising or solicitation, YMI reserves the right to restrict the number of emails or other communications which a User may send to other Users in any 24-hour or other period to a number which YMI deems appropriate, in YMI’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Intellectual Property Rights Complaints.
When we receive proper notification of alleged copyright infringement, we will investigate and may remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and may terminate, in our sole discretion, the accounts of repeat infringers in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable law. We may also, at our sole discretion, limit access to the Website and/or terminate the memberships of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement. If you believe that any material on the Website infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may flag that content as inappropriate. YMI will assess the material and may remove the material from public viewing.
- Third Party Websites and Content.
The Website contains (or you may be sent through the Website) links to other web sites (“Third Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, items and other content belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Components”). Such Third Party Websites and Third Party Components are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for the acts or omissions of any Third Party Websites or Third Party Components. If you decide to leave the Website and access the Third Party Websites or to use or install any Third Party Components, you do so at your own risk and our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third Party Website to which you navigate from the Website or relating to any Third Party Components.
- Content Feeds and Viral Distribution Widgets.
In order to promote the volunteer opportunities available on the Website, some features of your profile may be exported to Third Party Sites to notify prospective users of the kinds of volunteer opportunities that exist on the Website. Such features that may be exported to Third Party Sites include, but are not limited to, your name, picture, industry, business name, experience needed, city and state of business, mentoring request summary, mentoring request expertise, profile URL and mentoring request URL.
- User Messaging.
By sending communications to other Users (including, but not limited to, mentor/mentee requests), you consent to YMI storing the conversations you have with other Users on its servers owned or controlled by us. You understand that even if you delete a conversation you have with another User, that User may also be able to save it. You further agree that we may retain, use, and scan copies of your conversations for a limited time solely to filter spam, detect viruses, and test and improve our messaging services. We may also scan the text of your conversations in order to filter spam and detect viruses.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
- a) YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, AND ANY PROGRAMS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE, ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE, AND ANY PROGRAMS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YMI AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, LICENSORS AND USERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM TO YOU ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FOR PURPOSES OF CLARITY, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ALL DECISIONS MADE BY YOU WITH RESPECT TO AND AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAMS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE ARE YOUR’S ALONE, AND YMI DOES NOT MONITOR OR VERIFY THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE PROVIDED ON OR VIA THE WEBSITE AND ANY PROGRAMS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE.
- b) YMI AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, LICENSORS AND USERS MAKE NO WARRANTY TO YOU THAT (i) THE WEBSITE, AND ANY PROGRAMS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, AND ANY PROGRAMS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE, WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR GENERATE BENEFIT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ECONOMIC BENEFIT) TO YOU; AND (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
- c) ANY MATERIAL OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED, OTHERWISE OBTAINED OR USED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY PROGRAMS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE IS MADE AVAILABLE AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, INTERNET ACCESS, BUSINESS, BUSINESS REPUTATION, DOWNLOAD OR DISPLAY DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL OR INFORMATION.
- d) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM YMI OR THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE, AND ANY PROGRAMS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY AND ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Limitation on Liability.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YMI AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, LICENSORS AND USERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, COSTS, LOSSES OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF YMI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (a) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR ANY PROGRAMS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE; (b) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (c) STATEMENTS, ADVICE, PARTICIPATING IN MENTORING RELATIONSHIPS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEBSITE; OR (d) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, AND ANY PROGRAMS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE.
- Exclusions and Limitations.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 12 AND 13 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT SO PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Disputes with other Users.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with Users and any disputes that may result from such interactions. YMI reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
- Disputes with YMI.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Website, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions and will be resolved in a state or federal court located in North Carolina. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of North Carolina.
You agree to indemnify and hold YMI, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Website, any User Content you post on or through the Website, your conduct in connection with your participation in YMI’s programs and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement.